Genève pratique

Practical Geneva


Voting for Internationals

Conditions and process for voting in Geneva

You and your family members can vote in local elections in your commune of residence.

You must meet the following conditions:

  • be over 18 years of age
  • hold a Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) legitimation card of type "B", "C", "D", "E", "G", "H", "I", "L", "P" or a Ci permit based on one of the above-mentioned cards
  • have a legal residence in Switzerland for at least 8 years
  • be domiciled in the canton of Geneva and registered as a resident with the cantonal office of population and migration.

You cannot exercise your political rights at the cantonal or federal level.

Find more information on the website of the Republic and Canton of Geneva and  not hesitate to contact the town hall of your municipality of residence.

Information in French



Complete/download the form,
print it and sign it