1. PREAMBULE AND ACCEPTANCE
2. DATA CONTROLLER
The International Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) is considered the Data Controller in relation to the processing of Personal Data on the Website. You can contact us by phone using the number +41.22.546.14.00 or by e-mail at email@example.com .
3. GENERAL PRINCIPLES
We use the Personal Data collected through our Website and our pages available on social networks, as described below, to provide the following services:
- Information relating to the CAGI and its services;
- Different ways to contact us, through registration forms (e.g. to receive invitations to social events, to participate in the conversation exchange program, thematic conferences, and/or excursions, to request tickets for shows at the Cultural Kiosk or the be informed of the publication on the Website of open positions in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform);
- Account creation (e.g in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform);
- Publication of offers (eg open positions in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform);
- Link to the Delegates Welcome application, managed by the CAGI;
- Links to other third-party websites and the ability to like or share content on social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or Vimeo).
4. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND OUR USE OF SUCH PERSONAL DATA
Sources of the collection
The Personal Data we collect through our Website can be divided into two categories:
- Cookies (infra B.)
- Personal data that you transmit to us (infra C.)
Cookies are files containing a small amount of data that are sent from a website/application to your browser and stored on your device (computer or mobile).
- IP address of the device that can connect to the Internet and is requesting the connection;
- date and time of the connection;
- location, if enabled on the device;
- number of pages viewed and resources accessed on the Website;
- name and URL of the file accessed;
- website/application from which the connection was made (referring URL);
- browser you use and, if necessary, the operating system of your device that can access the Internet, as well as the name of your access provider.
- language settings
In order to control orlimit the collection of this information, you can:
- if available, set up your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent;
- select which cookie(s) you allow and which cookie(s) you wish to block;
- delete cookies and clear your browsing data directly from your browser’s settings.
Please note that if you refuse or block certain cookies, you may not have access to certain features and/or functionalities of our Website.
- retain your preferences;
- analyze visitor behavior to improve the Website;
- modify and implement changes to the Website.
Personal Data provided by you
We collect the Personal Data you provide us on a voluntary basis when, through our Website, you:
- fill out a form that allows you to contact us, such as a registration form to receive invitations to social events, to participate in the conversation exchange program, thematic conferences, and/or excursions, to request tickets for shows at the Cultural Kiosk or the be informed of the publication on the Website of open positions in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform;
- create an account;
- log into your account using your personal login (e-mail and password);
- publish an open position in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform.
The personal Data collected may include your first and last name, nationality, personal and professional address, e-mail address, telephone number, line of business and profession, name of your employer and type of organization you are employed by, native language and other languages spoken.
We use the Personal Data you provide us with in order to:
- invite you and allow you to register, via the e-mail address you have provided us with, to social events, to the language exchange program, to thematic conferences, to excursions, to request tickets for shows at the Cultural Kiosk and other CAGI activities;
- inform you, through the e-mail address you have provided us with, of the published open positions in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform;
- allow you to create an account so that you can publish an open position in the context of the CAGI Recruitment platform.
When you create an account, fill in a registration form, or publish an open position, we process your Personal Data in the basis of your consent.
5. LINKS TO OTHER SITES MANAGED BY THE CAGI
6. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES (LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR SOCIAL NETWORKS)
Our Website or our pages available on social media may contain links that direct you to other websites or social networks in order to allow you to access the content available on those platforms. When you access another website or other social networks through our Website or one of our pages available on social media, the responsibility for complying with applicable data protection requirements lies with the relevant service provider.
When you establish a connection with a social network or other website, your browser connects directly to the server of the relevant service provider. Through this connection, the website receives the information that your browser accessed on the corresponding page of our Website or on our pages available on social media. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to the service provider’s server and stored there. If you interact with our pages available on social networks, for example by clicking on the “Like” or “Share” icon, this information will also be transmitted directly to the server of the relevant social network provider and stored there.
7. COMMUNICATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We may give certain independent contractors and affiliates access to the Personal Data you made available to us through our Website or pages available on social media so that they can assist us in the operation of said Website or said pages available on social media. To this day, these contractors and affiliates are the following:
- IT service provider: Prezenz Sàrl, located in Switzerland;
- Hosting of the Website: Infomaniak Group SA, bases in Switzerland;
- Management of invitations sent by e-mail: Wise Suite Eventwise, based in Switzerland.
- Automatic e-mail generator: Mailchimp, based in the Unites States
The purpose of sharing your Personal Data with the above-mentioned third parties is to maintain our services and to continually improve our Website and the services offered to our users. Thus, the basis of this treatment is our legitimate interests.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO AUTHORITIES
It is possible that we will need to disclose your Personal Data when required by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies;
- enforce our agreements with you;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
- protect the security or integrity of our Website or pages available on social media;
- exercise or protect the rights and safety of our users, personnel, or others.
We attempt to notify users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment and technically feasible, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
The purpose of sharing your Personal Data with the aforementioned authorities and the legal grounds for processing, are to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
9. ABSENCE OF DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
10. CROSS-BORDER COMMUNICATION OF PERSONAL DATA
If, as a result of certain services provided by third parties, we need to transfer your Personal Data to one of their databases outside the European Economic Area, potentially to a country that does not have a level of personal data protection comparable to that prevailing in Switzerland or the European Economic Area, we undertake to enter into an agreement with the third-party service provider in order to ensure an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data.
11. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND NOTIFICATION OF A PERSONAL DATA BREACH
We are committed to using commercially reasonable means to prevent exposure or disclosure of your Personal Data. In particular, we implement and maintain measures (including administrative, physical, and technical measures) to manage unauthorized disclosures or exposures of your Personal Data.
In the event of a data breach, or in the event that we suspect a data breach, we will (i) use our best efforts to promptly notify you, where technically feasible, and (ii) cooperate with you to investigate and resolve the data breach, including without limitation by providing reasonable assistance to you in notifying injured third-parties. We will give you prompt access to such records related to a data breach as you may reasonably request; provided such records shall be our confidential information, and we shall not be required to provide you with records belonging to, or compromising the security of, other users.
In the event of a data breach, or in the event that we suspect a data breach, we will in addition notify the competent authorities in accordance with applicable law.
12. MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA (YOUR RIGHTS)
Right to access and update your Personal Data: Whenever we process your Personal Data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and updated for the purposes for which it was collected.
Right to delete your Personal Data: You may request the deletion of your Personal Data at any time, subject to any retention obligations imposed on us. We may retain de-personalized (anonymous) information after the deletion of your Personal Data.
Right of rectification: You have the right to obtain the rectification of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to object to processing: Within the limits of the law, you have the right to object our processing of your Personal Data.
Right to restriction: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
Right to data portability: You have the right to be provided with a copy of the Personal Data we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority: You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority with regards to our collection and use of your Personal Data.
We may ask you to prove your identity before responding to a request based on the abovementioned rights or otherwise related to your Personal Data.
13. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain the Personal Data you provide us with to the extent necessary to provide you access to and use of our Website and our pages available on social media, as well as the functionalities contained on them, and also to the extent required to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your Personal Data under applicable law), to resolve a dispute or to enforce agreements we have entered into and our internal regulations.
The retention period of cookies depends on their purpose and is always the same regardless of who the Personal Data relates to.
The CAGI may delete accounts that have been inactive for a certain period of time. In this case, an e-mail informing the users concerned will be sent beforehand.
We reserve the right to store the data in a depersonalized (i.e. anonymous) form after deletion of your Personal Data.
14. BLOCKING, SUSPENSION OR CLOSING OF YOUR ACCOUNT
14.1. We may block, close or suspend a user account, as well as prohibit use of the services as per the conditions set in GTC.
In the event that your user account is blocked, closed or suspended, your Personal Data will be retained in accordance with Section 13 hereabove.
15. PERSONAL DATA RELATED TO MINORS
We do not provide services specifically targeted at minors (individuals under the age of 18) and we do not proactively collect Personal Data from minors.
You can also reach us by post at La Pastorale, route de Ferney 106, 1202 Genève.