CONDITIONS TO ACCESS CAGI'S SUPPORT
CAGI assists international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) established or wishing to establish themselves in the Geneva region.
CAGI’s support to an NGO is conditional upon its registration in the CAGI NGO database. International NGOs with headquarters or a representative office in the Canton of Geneva and meeting the following cumulative conditions are eligible :
- Be a non-profit organization.
- Have regular and concrete activities in the Canton of Geneva.
- Have a street address (a post office box alone is insufficient) in Canton of Geneva.
- Operate in at least one of the following fields: (1) Environment and sustainable development, (2) Health, (3) Humanitarian Law & Action, Human Rights, Migration, (4) Labour, Economic Affairs, Trade, Science & Telecommunication, (5) Peace, Security and Disarmament.
- Collaborate with an international organization (consultative status or proven collaboration).
- Operate in at least two countries.
- Do not undertake religious or political advocacy.
Useful information for NGOs
Annual legal requirements
CAGI Recruitment Platform
Creating a foundation
Creating an association
Financial assistance for recruitment purposes
Intellectual property and data protection
Opening a representative office
Pro bono legal assistance
Public & private funding sources
Search for office space
Swiss labour law
Tax regime for employees
Template of statutes of association
Work permit and visa
Founded by the Swiss Confederation and the Republic and Canton of Geneva, the Geneva Welcome Centre is the single entry point for the support and integration of employees of International Geneva and their families, NGOs and visiting delegates.
Services for NGOs
La Pastorale “La Maison Rose”
106, Route de Ferney – 1202 Genève
Access by public transport (TPG):
Lines 5, 8 Intercontinental stop; lines 20, 22, F stop Appia.
No parking on site.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. / 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.