Service Logement et Information

Housing & Information Service




Private liability insurance is generally required by the landlord.
It can be very useful, since it covers damage or injury to third parties whether as a tenant, owner of a domestic animal, or as a participant in sports activities, for example. Damaged items are reimbursed at their real value, i.e. their value at the time of the accident. You are strongly encouraged to take out such insurance with the replacement value of sanitary fixtures. The liability insurance is often included in the household insurance contract.


Household insurance, although technically not mandatory, is highly recommended.
It covers damage due to flooding and fire, as well as theft. This insurance will cover personal belongings (clothes, furniture, jewellery, computers...), generally at their replacement value, i.e. the amount needed to replace an item.




New arrivals insurance from Helvetia Assurance

Contents and personal liability insurance: compare premiums and save (