The Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) was founded in 1996 by the Swiss Confederation and the Canton of Geneva, with the support of national and local entities, both public and private. Its objective is to facilitate the installation and integration in the Geneva and Lemanic region of international civil servants, members of permanent missions, consulates, NGOs, Multinational Corporations as well as their families. It also organises and supports cultural and social events which promote exchanges between the Internationals and the local community.
The mission of the Geneva Welcome Centre is threefold:
- To offer practical assistance to newcomers - particularly with housing, schooling, and other issues - and answer questions Internationals may have throughout their stay in the region.
- To examine the requests of international NGOs wishing to establish themselves in the Geneva area, in collaboration with the appropriate Cantonal and Federal authorities.
- To launch or support projects aimed at promoting cultural and social exchanges between International Geneva and the local community.
Services offered by the Geneva Welcome Centre:
• Lunchtime conferences
• Discover Geneva and the Lemanic region
• Conversation Exchange Programme
• Support in finding accomodation
(online housing programme)
• Settling-in & departure support
• Lease contract proofreading / tenancy law
• Administrative procedures
Get-togethers and exchanges between the local community and Internationals :
• Afterworks in the City
• Special theme evenings at La Pastorale
Cultural Kiosk at UNOG ( door 6 )
• Show tickets sales
• Practical and touristic information
• Discovery of Switzerland’s cultural offer
• Interface between NGOs and public
• Online NGO recruitment platform
• Meeting rooms on request
A support to delegates attending international conferences, trainings and meetings in Geneva :
• Logistical support and pratical information
• Potential subsidy to reduce accommodation
• Working and meeting rooms available
(7 days a week on request)
A web portal dedicated to welcoming International in Geneva
Since 1996, the Geneva Welcome Centre has contributed towards strengthening and developing the influence and attractiveness of Geneva and Switzerland as centre of international cooperation.